Eye Emergencies, Eye Exams & More
Describe your eye exam and how comprehensive it is.
We offer a very thorough exam using state of the art computerized equipment.
We measure your eyeglass prescription and all aspects of your visual system. We measure your eye muscle movements, eye muscle balance, and focus. We check your field of vision and examine for all types of ocular diseases including cataracts, glaucoma and macular degeneration to name a few.
Why are routine eye exams needed? Blurred vision may not be caused by glasses. Conditions like cataracts, glaucoma, neurological and various other eye diseases can cause blurry vision. Many eye diseases and ocular pathologies do not cause symptoms in early stages, with a routine eye exam we can uncover problems before they can become sight threatening.
What do you include in your exams and what do you check for?
- We check your vision, eyeglass or contact lens prescription
- We use a state of the art refracting system to get the most accurate prescription possible
- We can easily show the difference between your current eyeglass prescription and your new one.
- The curvature of your cornea, we look for irregularities, astigmatism, etc
- We check your pupil responses for any possible neurological issues
- The intraocular pressure which is just one of the test for your risk of glaucoma,
- Eye muscle movements and balance
- If needed, stereo vision and color vision
- Field of vision
We check your eye health:
- We check the surface of your for eye infections, allergies, inflammations, styes, dry eye
- We check the inside of the eye which may include a dilated exam. We are looking for cataracts, floaters, retinal defects, detachments, glaucoma, macular degeneration
- We may also perform digital retinal photography for a wide angle detailed view of your retinal surface
- We also perform an iWellness exam. This test is similar to an ultrasound or an MRI, we are able to view the deeper layers of the retina to uncover ocular pathology that is invisible to other technologies.
If you are looking for a comprehensive eye exam near me or an optometrist near, look no further than Hamptons Eye and Vision we offer a very comprehensive exam using the latest in refractive and diagnostic technology.